We are hiring!
We are looking for a Musical Worship Leader:
Our great, small, and progressive Christian church seeks a Musical Worship Leader for a traditional worship service with some modern elements. We seek someone with great presence as well as strong song leading and accompaniment skills. This position is part-time and would focus on Sunday morning worship services for a total of 2–2.5 hours per week plus special services at Christmas Eve, Ash Wednesday, and Holy Week/Easter. We seek leadership to help us minister to our faith family; someone who helps introduce some of the wonderful new worship music of today with the music and worship songs greatly loved in the Christian faith. We pray that we might find a person that sees the potential and feels the call to this position.
Please email sample audio or videos (one of these is a minimum requirement), links to Google Drive, Dropbox, Soundcloud, iCloud, etc. accepted, along with resume to the Rev. Matthew Redrich (pastor at sandimas.church)
Here’s What We’re Looking For:
- Ability to play piano
- Ability to sight-read and play from chords
- Ability to transpose hymns (with advance notice)
- Comfort leading congregational singing
- Comfort teaching new songs to congregations
- Comfort leading an occasional trio or quartet-sized group
- Willingness to help create a dynamic worship experience
- Willingness to partner with Pastor to select music
- Familiarity, comfort, and experience with traditional hymns as well as knowledge of and openness to newer music
At San Dimas Community Church United Church of Christ, we seek to create a just world where ALL are included in the family of God. One way we seek inclusion is by being an Open and Affirming Congregation—a designation from our denomination which means we specifically include LGBTQ people in our congregation. No one is excluded based on race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical and mental abilities, socioeconomic situation, marital status, or anything else. We are progressive and forward thinking, as well as deeply rooted in our Christian faith and heritage.