Family Ministry Coordinator (Part-Time)
Our progressive, family-oriented church is seeking a very part-time coordinator of our Family Ministry which currently consists of Sunday activities for our youth and children, with bi-weekly activities for youth following worship. We expect the position to require 10 hours of work every two-week pay period. The anticipated times of work are from 8 am–12 pm on the first and third Sundays of the month (and the fifth Sunday for months with five Sundays) and 8 am–2 pm on the second and fourth Sundays. There is some flexibility in start time and end time with 9 am–11 am required every week.
- Prepare and lead Sunday school for our youth and children.
- Coordinate with the Pastor in choosing curriculum for Sunday School.
- Plan and lead bi-monthly youth activities.
- Work with the pastor to grow the youth and children’s programs.
- Support the vision and mission of San Dimas Community church.
- Some experience and comfort working with children and youth of all ages.
- Availability on Sundays for the hours mentioned above.
- Must pass a background check & abide by our safe church policy.
- Comfort with the inclusive nature of the United Church of Christ.
San Dimas Community Church seeks to create a just world where ALL are included in the family of God. Part of the way we seek inclusion in the world is by being an Open and Affirming Congregation, a designation from our denomination—the United Church of Christ—which means we specifically include those who identify as LGBT+ in our congregation.